knox snooze

Succotash my Balzac, dipshiitake.

Take a lap

Last night's running was a bit of a disappointment. After getting from less than a mile on Sunday to two miles on Tuesday evening, it was kind of a downer to feel totally whipped after about a mile and half last night. I didn't really eat much yesterday, though (gasp), and I intend to attribute the distance drop to that. Mostly because it justifies my conspicuous consumption today, which already includes: an egg and sausage sandwich, half a dozen fig newtons, an apple, and a Diet Dr. Pepper (yes, I'm getting a sex change).

The upside of last night's running, though, was that I had new shoes. And not just some cheapest-pair-I-could-find from a hilariously named sporting goods store; no, these are from The Runner's Market. Which makes them better. And probably more expensive.

They were a replacement for the sad joke I'd been running in since Sunday. I have a pair of old trail runners, but I left them at a friend's house in Virginia. Which is good, because I do all of my trail running at his house. Well, at least as much trail running as I do here.

At the Runner's Market, I was helped by a girl who was determined to sell me some shoes. It wasn't the old-school hard sell. Not "What's it gonna take to get you into a new pair of Asics" spiel. No, this was a new one. She laced up a pair and after I had them tied, she told me to go run in them. Like, outside? Yes. Around the parking lot. Go.

So I did. Four pairs of shoes. Four mini-laps in the parking lot. No wonder I couldn't go two miles.
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

» Post a Comment