knox snooze

Succotash my Balzac, dipshiitake.

Shin thingies

I've been running a lot more than usual this week. This has happened because a) I miraculously DON'T lose weight when I DON'T run and b) because I have registered for a freaking 10k for this weekend.

Yes, I know. Blame drugs.

The race isn't some "Cancer Bad, Running Good" deal either. This is no fun run 'n' walk. This is a race. With race-organization certification and whatnot. Sure, some people might be having fun while the run it, but those people are crazy. But they're loony in a very in-shape kind of way. Whereas, I am very sane, and all which that implies in the current context (fatness).

But I've been cranking out the miles this week. 3 Tuesday. Almost 5 last night. But they aren't in continuous runs. They're more like Tivo-style runs, which is how everything works in my brain now. I run for a mile or so, get really tired of it, pause, and pick back up after about 30 seconds. Unlike Tivo, however, I have no fast forward. I've checked.

So, here I am, less than 36 hours until a whopping 10k, and I can't put together more than 2 miles at a time. I'm worried. I'm coming up with all kinds of excuses why I can't run. Bronchitis. Pink eye. Shin splint things. Oooh, I know: obesity.

But I'm still going, even if I don't run. I mean, I already paid for this thing, and I'm getting a free t-shirt whether they like it or not.
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

» Post a Comment