knox snooze

Succotash my Balzac, dipshiitake.

Everyone loves a comeback story

It's been a while since I've done anything about it, but the October marathon deadline is looming in the back of my mind. No, I didn't run the New Year's day 5k. I know I said I would, but I didn't. It was a bad idea all around.

The next race I had planned is the Strawberry Plains 10k. If it follows a completed 5k by six weeks, it isn't such a bad thing. But if it follows...um...whatever the hell it is I've been doing, then it's a bit more of a challenge.

So, as it stands now, the idea is to get to the point of being able to complete the 10k at a jog. At least. Doesn't sound too ambitious to you? My moobs tell a different story.

I can't ride the bike as "training" any more. It's good for losing weight and being healthy, but the fact is that I just need to run. So I'm doing that. Sort of. My non-stop running distances thus far this week are 0.75 miles on Sunday (a complete embarrassment), 1 mile last night (slightly less shameful), and 2 miles tonight. 2 miles, which frankly feels like a damn marathon all by itself.

I doubt I can increase my distance at that rate for the next three weeks, but I'm way further into it than I though I would be on Saturday night.
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

» Post a Comment