knox snooze

Succotash my Balzac, dipshiitake.

Driving my phone

I don't make a lot of money. I make below average money, but I live in East Tennessee, so it's good enough for here. And, considering the extent (or lack thereof) of my work experience and inconsistent education (Anyone want to hire a hard-drinking expert on Bible trivia and poetry? Call me), it's actually pretty great. Also, I'm writing this while on the clock. Not bad.

Bill paying is a monthly routine of juggling grace periods, minimum payments, and worrying about who has the worst late fees. I'm the All-American consumer, and I'm might be single-handedly keeping the new Home Depot on my side of town in the black.

Lately, I've been doing better, though. Haven't had to use one of the ubiquitous check-cashing services in over a year, and everything gets paid online.

The bill-paying service from my bank lists all of my payees with little check-boxes next to each. I just click on the payments I want to make, and fill in the amount. Unfortunately, this also means that "Saturn" and "Sprint" are right next to each other. And could theoretically get their amounts mixed up. And by "theoretically," I mean I did that earlier this week. Oh well, at least I won't have to worry about paying my phone bill for a while.

So now I'm off to throw a couple dummy accounts in there between "Comcast" and "Countrywide Mortgage." Because I don't really need to prepay a year of broadband.
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

» Post a Comment