knox snooze

Succotash my Balzac, dipshiitake.

Nerd stuff

I've been playing with the personalization options on the Google homepage. Specifically, I'm trying to build modules. Modules are to Google what widgets are to Yahoo. And since I can't install any cool stuff on my computer at work, I'm trying to build a cool Google homepage and create it as and active desktop in my office. Thus, I should be able to have a widgety desktop anyway.

Look, I work in a gray cubicle. I have to do something to keep myself entertained.

Anyway, the first one I made is the playlist scroller for KEXP 90.3 Seattle. I listen to it in Windows Media Player (yet another joy of working in an office where PC timkering is verboten), which doesn't show the current song and artist, and I hate keeping an entire browser window open to see the playlist scroller in one tiny little corner of it.

So, to anyone who knows about this kind of crap, take a look at the module I made, and tell me how to do it better. Danke.

Has anyone else whipped up one of these? Want to share? I'd really like to make a Google module version of my favorite Yahoo widget.
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

» Post a Comment