knox snooze

Succotash my Balzac, dipshiitake.

You gotta be kidding

After the surprising results of the previous two weeks, I decided to change my tactic some this week. Perhaps I had gained weight that was actually just quad muscle from riding the bike so much. And maybe even less smoking was better (a real moment of insight, I know).

So, this week saw a decrease in cigarettes (3 for the whole week...that's actual cigarettes, not packs) AND bike mileage. I still rode about 40 miles, but I didn't tack on a whole day of 25-mile riding-for-the-hell-of-it goodness. I had a few drinks, for sure, but beers were gradually replaced by bourbon-fortified cider drinks. They still have calories, of course, but just not as many as the beer I normally drink.

And I gained more weight. Same scale. Same time of day. Same lack of food in my belly in the morning. This means that my cigarette smoking has almost completely dropped off, my drinking has decreased, and my level of physical activity is much (much) higher than three weeks ago. And I've picked up a total of five pounds in that time.

So I'm going to do what anyone with a mind as scientifically inclined as mine would do. I'm going to try to smoke and drink more this week.

My wife is so happy.
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

11/21/2005 2:23 PM Blogger pa7m3r

Do you think break-feast on Sunday might have something to do with it, I mean 5 pounds of pig first thing in the morning is great for losing weight, I mean not great.    



11/22/2005 9:29 AM Blogger ashby

It wasn't quite that much. I mean...a lot of it was potatoes too, which (and a lot of people don't know this) are good for losing weight.    



11/28/2005 4:07 PM Blogger Brian R Dunn

I miss the old Ashby already! I am willing to pay however many cigarettes you require for ransom money!!    



» Post a Comment