knox snooze

Succotash my Balzac, dipshiitake.

What, you don't think I can?

Inspiration: the sight of my belly wobbling when I brush my teeth

While I only have the second most manias per month (MPM) of anyone I know, I think I am actually going to go after this one with a little more dedication than the others normally get. What is this one? A marathon. And just to make it more exciting for me, I've chosen a marathon that meanders through a city that is filled to the brim with the most delicious hot dogs on earth.

I played basketball in high school and soccer in college (version 1.0), and I actually used to be in great, not just good, shape. And I ran a lot. And it was fun. And then I met beer and cigarettes.

I've wanted to get back to running for a few years, but I haven't actually done anything about it. You know, cause it's hard. And there's a football game on. And I need to preserve my energy for when I go out carousing later tonight.

But now my wife wants in on it (the running, not the carousing). And whether it's genuine interest in running on her part, or a concession she's making to get my ass off the couch, it is a good thing.

We are doing Chicago because it is almost exactly a year from now, we love the city, and there is a pretty good chance that I'll be in grad school somewhere in Illinois by next August. Also, the hot dogs. I suspect there will be at least one trip to the city of big shoulders to scout the route and...um...identify any possible race-day distractions.

So, only 11 and a half months left. I'm drinking my last coke as I write this. Expect a lot. Of something.
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

11/03/2005 9:58 PM Anonymous Jizzle

There's no such thing as winning second place, you mania-milquetoast.

That reminds me. It's NaNoWriMo.

On your marks, get set, fail.    



» Post a Comment