knox snooze

Succotash my Balzac, dipshiitake.

New toilet reading

Inspiration: free t-shirts.

My non-running running book arrived today. I read the introduction, and I have to say, I'm pretty pumped. I don't want to go out and run or anything, but I'm definitely excited about my ability at least finish the book. Which is something.

So, I have to wait until the new year to sign up for the Chicago Marathon. This could be a bad thing. I was counting on the committment of registering and paying the entry fees for Faith and me to keep me going. Now I have to find a way to stay focused for another six weeks until registration opens. To that end, I've signed up for two other races: a 10K in February and a half-marathon in March. Also, there's the KTC membership money to keep me focused.

Also, I had totally forgotten the free t-shirt aspect of running in *actual* road races (as opposed to the fake ones where it's just me and that guy with my wallet). So, even though I'm dropping more money on race entry fees, I'm scoring more t-shirts. And if you've ever seen them, you know that these t-shirts are totally worth it. First, they've got the whole "I ran a race, so blow me" prestige thing going on. Second, they're usually so covered in sponsor logos that they can double as good reading material if you've got some down time (like waiting for me in the hospital because I collapsed at mile 0.8). Third, like those from the Straw Plains race, some of them are actually totally sweet shirts.

It's too bad they don't give free pants too. Cause if I finish even a half-marathon in March, I'm going to shit the ones I'm wearing.
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

» Post a Comment