knox snooze

Succotash my Balzac, dipshiitake.

The lateness

I think I made a critical decision this morning. Well, not critical exactly, but mildly important. I have been riding my bike to work every day. This works because a) I'm poor, b) I need the exercise and 3) it's better for the earth or some such horseshit. And, of course, it takes me longer than driving. Like, three times as long.

So, when I woke up this morning, five minutes after I should have left on my bike, I decided not to get in my truck and drive it. On one hand, I felt bad that I was going to be late. But let's face facts, I'm not exactly rescuing humanity from the brink of destruction at my job, and if I'm ever going to really commit to getting everywhere on my bike or public transportation, I'm going to have to learn to deal with getting up in time to do so.

So, with plenty of time to shower and drive to my office, I called my boss to let him know I had overslept. It felt important at the time.

Man, I sure hope my truck doesn't read this.
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

» Post a Comment