knox snooze

Succotash my Balzac, dipshiitake.

What I can't get out of my head right now.

About a week ago, I was invited to a potluck at my friend Francisco's house. It was last night. I told him I couldn't be there by 7, the planned start time, but that I would show up around 8:30 or so. And I would have beer.

So, when I arrived, not only was there not a party going on, but Francisco wasn't even there. Gone to a movie. Salvadoran bastard.

Instead, there were two girls on his porch and one of his roommates inside the house, queuing up a playlist. I did not know any of them. Lo and behold, they were about to eat some supper they made for the three of them. And eat it on the porch, no less. Good light, cool breeze, warm candles, and a couple bottles of wine. And they told me and my beer to join them. What a lovely meal it was.

They are vegans, so I wasn't sure what to expect from the grub, but it was amazing - curried potatoes, sticky rice, Indian bread (sweet and savory: uh-mazing), peanut sauce, and a pear crisp.

That said, I'm totally craving bacon today. But, when am I not?
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

» Post a Comment