knox snooze

Succotash my Balzac, dipshiitake.

Something see, something do

I have that feeling. You know, the one where you haven't slept quite as much as you should over the last few days, and you've been stressed and busy, so you've been tearing through packs of Camel Lights at about one every two to three hours; and even though you're not exactly tired like lay-down-and-go-to-sleep tired, you're still definitely tired because you feel like you're watching everything your body does from a little port-hole inside your own head?

I feel slightly monkeyed with. I think someone may have sabotaged my spellchecker because every other word I spell looks completely new. Not fresh and improved new. What the hell is this thing new. I want this thing to tell me "refer" is incorrect. It's actually "reefurr." Now that looks correct.

Insert segue here.

My best friend is now a father. His wife finally ended a torturous 18-hour labor last night by politely popping out a beautiful girl. I was there.

Her name is Amelia. The new one, that is. I played uno with her mother and walked a thousand and one laps around the maternity ward at four in the morning with her mother, waiting for her to get out here. She will likely keep her father from wandering about the city in a tipsy rage with me as often. I will not be permitted to smoke around her. She will be an expensive little proposition, as evidenced by the dozens and dozens of dollars I have personally spent on the bugger before she was even born.

I have every right in the world to be angry with this small person. But, of course, I am not. I am not even slightly ashamed to say that she might be the most amazing thing I have ever seen, and that I am totally in love with her. Gay, I know. Take heart - she will grow up to think as little of me as you do.

So, now I have to find something to do. I imagine it will involve sleeping. If not, I may go read some more of a couple of blogs I've been enjoying recently.
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

10/29/2005 6:37 PM Blogger Ron

Ashby,

Is your name Ashby Henson? I want to add you to my blogroll,

Ron    



» Post a Comment