knox snooze

Succotash my Balzac, dipshiitake.

Note to self

While this bloggish thing may indicate otherwise, I aspire to being a writer. Writerdom, let's call it. You know, the gig where I earn a living from spouting opinions and making shit up. I intend to finish a graduate degree in writing somewhere, debatable as the value of said programs may be, and I want to do it soon. So, I wrote myself a note about it in May, just as an end-of-semester reminder to keep chugging along:
I should be able to submit at least one story and three poems every month. Getting into the MFA programs I want is not possible unless I do this. If I don’t get into one of my top choices, I won’t get enough financial aid. If I don’t get enough financial aid, I can’t go. If I don’t go anywhere, I’m stuck entering data, worrying about dressing professionally, and counting annual leave hours for the rest of my life.

Not submitting stories now = Life in Hell.

Stories and poems submitted since May = Zero. Yeah, I'm disappointing to me too.
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

10/14/2005 7:52 AM Anonymous benny

Why don't you just get mad as HELL and not take it anymore.    



10/14/2005 8:09 AM Blogger ashby

I probably will one day, but I'm just waiting for the right soundtrack for it.    



» Post a Comment