knox snooze

Succotash my Balzac, dipshiitake.

Karma

My wife and I have been tighty-budgety for a few months now. She's in school full-time and only working part-time, which leaves me as the primary earner (though just barely). While this is totally sweet for my ego (I'm an old school chauvinist), it sort of sucks for the acquisition of stuff and the general enjoyment of subscription-based services - my two greatest hobbies, not to mention skills. To that end, we *sacrificed* and went down to the networks-plus-a-handful cable package.

But things are different now. No, we don't have more money, but the MLB playoffs begin today, and much of the AL & NLDS coverage is on ESPN, plus there's all that Baseball Tonight worthlessness that I'm so addicted to I get the shakes whenever I hear Harold Reynolds' voice. It's true.

So, knowing it's wrong because I have better things to do with my money, and because I'm basically using it as a 30-day pay-per-view, I called the cable company today to have my subscription bumped up. 55 more channels, 35 more dollars.

And when this is through, I discover that the baseball I crave will be broadcast on Fox by the time Comcast gets to my house.

Oh well, there's always HGTV. And Lifetime.

Ok, someone shoot me in the face.
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

10/04/2005 1:00 PM Anonymous benny

Don't forget about the Hallmark channel, where you can watch M*A*S*H every weekday from 4 to 6.    



10/04/2005 1:45 PM Blogger ashby

Who could possibly forget the give-me-some-Hemlock...er...Hallmark Channel.    



» Post a Comment