knox snooze

Succotash my Balzac, dipshiitake.

Rated PG: for tips

Ever since I had a mild cardiac...um...thing earlier this summer, I've been trying to lay off the caffeine more. Working full time and going to school nearly full time are not activities that lend themselves to quitting the perky stuff. However, and this surprises some people, I do recognize the importance of being, you know, ambulatory to enjoy the benefits of kicking my own ass through college.

I love coffee. I love coffee like I love beer and BBQ - even when it's bad, it's still pretty damn good. Coffee is hard to let go of. I am having a little success, however. At the height of my oh-my-god-I-want-to-be-sophisticated Anglophilia (that never quite faded), I used to drink a lot of tea. I've gone back, trying to replace the act of the coffee drinking with something significantly less deadly to my delicate little ticker.

About a year ago, I had my first cup of PG Tips. At the time, I probably though it was ok, but quickly dumped it in a nearby drain because it was hogging all that space where I could be keeping some coffee. I recently picked up a box of it, as well as a tin of looseleaf and an infuser. And you know, it's totally awesome. I had a cup this morning with a little honey and some milk. While it didn't go tearing through me quite as nicely as a torrid Sumatran would, it still had sufficient buzz and a nice complexity of flavor that you really can't get very easily with coffee.

And besides, what's not to love about something one can order by the tin? Also, I'm already into their idea of moderation. The back of the PG Tips box refers to "6 Cups/day" as less than excessive consumption. You know, like beer.
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

9/20/2005 10:22 AM Blogger Your Captain

Dear sweet Jesus. Not an infuser.

Does that come with a 1-year or 2-year subscription to Men's Health? Large buttplug or small?    



9/20/2005 10:50 AM Blogger ashby

Actually, if I send in three UPC codes, I get a week Bikram Yoga classes and a free back waxing.

Oh, and gay nookie.    



9/20/2005 10:56 AM Blogger Your Captain

That's "gookie" to you, n00b.

[afro-picks faux-hawk]    



9/20/2005 3:48 PM Blogger pa7m3r

Next time I visit I need a box of looseleaf, we are almost out and the place we buy it from is out of business.    



» Post a Comment