knox snooze

Succotash my Balzac, dipshiitake.

It's like the Athens of Georgia

So, we went to Athens to see a concert this weekend. Can't say enough good things about the show, the town, and the folks we stood behind in line. They were also "Bible College" expats with some level of disillusion/nostalgia about like mine. Perhaps Sufjan draws these sort of crowds. Not unlikely.

We also made our first foray into an actual IKEA store this weekend. Good lord, the crushing onslaught of reasonably-priced furniture and knick-knackery of a Swedish lilt was almost more than I could bear. Almost. Under normal circumstances, it might have been, but I had recently had my spirits buoyed by the ever-encouraging Mr. Stevens. Sufjan + IKEA = emotional stasis. Peace at last.

Excuse me while I'll curl up with my new SNÖ quilt and revel in the soothing sounds of "Come On, Feel the Illinoise."
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

» Post a Comment