knox snooze

Succotash my Balzac, dipshiitake.

Why creation theory kills puppies

Wow, Jacob Weisberg is one pissed-off little man when it comes to the question of whether creation theory should be presented alongside evolutionary theory in public schools. It's a surprisingly bad apologia for the exclusion of creation theory, and it's alarmingly...um, whiny for the editor of Slate. Except that it's Weisberg, and he loves a soapbox. See him over there, shaking his fist in the wind?
Random Reader: You know, a lot of people sincerely believe in creation, intelligent design, theistic evolution or some combination thereof.
Weisberg: [in a flustered Wallace Shawn voice] IDIOTS!
RR: You know, they're not all idiots.
W: Yeh-huh
RR: Why are you so ticked off?
W: Bush is a dummy and he stole the election.
RR: Oh. Nevermind.
W: I'm the editor of Slate!

I can actually accept his sincerity, and I can see some validity to the evolution-only arguments to which he barely alludes. But, if I wasn't already tired of him halfway through the article (when I realized that steam was rolling out of his ears when he wrote this), then I was definitely gone in the last paragraph when he invokes the urgency of the pet-replicating arms race to finally make his point.

Seriously weak.
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

» Post a Comment