knox snooze

Succotash my Balzac, dipshiitake.

What we need is more good waitresses


All about Eve.
Originally uploaded by ashby.

Some friends came to visit us this weekend, and while my wife was working on Saturday the rest of us went to Waffle House. We were served by Eve. Eve did not speak of the day's specials in the first-person possessive. She did not ask me if "we" were done when my plate was clear, and she did not try to convince me to add anything to my grits, hash browns or eggs.

I know the food there is horrible for me. I know it's like 50% preservatives, and the rest is just cleverly colored fats. I don't care. If I have a waitress as good as Eve every time I go there, I gladly eat grits and eggs every day until I keel over at 40.

It's quality, not quantity, right?

« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

» Post a Comment