knox snooze

Succotash my Balzac, dipshiitake.

Wanderlust

Maybe it's because summer school is just dragging on and on. And on. Maybe it's because a friend of mine is about to go hopping around the world to, you know, save it. Maybe it's because the Cleveland Indians look as though they're going to let me down again this year, and I feel that a holy pilgrimage of some sort is their only hope at a postseason run.

Whatever it is, I've got the itch. You know, the wandering one. The one that spawned a Knoxville-to-Boston and back in two days roadtrip a couple years ago. The one that had me in 8 separate addresses in the first 5 years of my marriage. The one that has every inch of wall space in a room in my house covered with maps.

I've been doing well over the last 2 years. I haven't quit my job, changed majors, dropped out of school, I've only moved once - and that was into a house I bought. I've been standing pat like a futhermucker.

So I went to this website I'd heard about to find my ideal city. You tell it who you are, and it tells you where to go, but not in an obscene way. It's a nice and involved online quiz. What kind of weather do I like? Do I like the opera? Is it okay if my neighbor is a BDSM freakboy? Perhaps this site would help me distill all of these wandering longings I have into a single destination to which I can pin all my hopes. Finally, I can have a Mecca.

20 minutes later, I haven't decided if I should be monumentally let down or encouraged after finding out my number one city is Knoxville, TN.

Sonofa...
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

» Post a Comment