knox snooze

Succotash my Balzac, dipshiitake.

Volcano car

You know, I was just thinking about what sources of renewable energy there are in the world that we haven't really tapped into. My wife and I want to buy a new Jetta Wagon TDI (Dark Gray, please) in order to run it on biodiesel. But it's so damn expensive to get the car and the fuel, and a lot of people tell me that biomass isn't a good long-term solution since it would take an area of arable land about the size of...oh...Africa to produce all the beans the US would need to supply its energy needs.

So I've been trying to come up with another solution. For awhile, I was thinking we could just strap Tom Cruise to an exercise wheel and say mean things about multi-vitamins to him. But then I realized that he might actually overload the grid, and let's face it, we'd end up wanting to kill him pretty quickly anyway.

And that's when I realized the perfect solution: Lava. Seriously, that stuff is hot, plus, it's always spurting out of the ground and, you know, devastating things. So we should make it work for us instead of against us. I don't know how the logistics of it would work - I envision dudes in silver space suits scooping it into buckets and hauling it down the mountain, but I could be wrong. I'll leave the details to the scientists.

Lava-powered cars, magma-plasma TVs and molten-rock driven generators.


Yes, it's been a very slow day here.
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

7/22/2005 7:30 PM Blogger Brian R Dunn

two words: mag ma    



» Post a Comment