knox snooze

Succotash my Balzac, dipshiitake.

Night sweats

Last night, I had a dream. The snake was in it. That's right, the snake. As in the snake that lives in my attic. A not small black snake is in my attic. When we first moved in, I found one of his old skins up there. The house had been empty for over a year, so I wasn't too worried. I'm a loud, smelly person, and several people have made a point to tell me that I do not look scrumptious in the least. So this snake was sure to leave before long.

Nearly a year later, he's still there. And I've seen him in all his coiled and evil glory. He hangs out at the edge of the attic, where the eaves of the roof leave a little daylight around the edge of the house. I tell myself that I'm ok with this - that he probably keeps down the rodent population up there, and that there is no way he is interested in taking on a fatty like me.

But I had a dream, and he was in it. It was not pleasant. In the dream, he can go airborne and launch himself at my face, which he is prone to do in this dream. He never gets me, though, and after four or five attempts, I finally grab him out of the air during one of these alrmingly slow lunges. I don't know what to do with a snake, other than try not to get bitten, so I pry his mouth open. This is somehow my alternative to holding his mouth shut - this will keep him from biting me. As I pry his mouth open, however, I find that the hinges of his jaw are not only separating, but that two seam down the side of his boy are opening up as well. The harder I pull, the more I rip the snake in half.

I woke up sweating, trying with all my might to rip my knees apart. I don't like that dream.
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

8/02/2005 3:59 PM Blogger pa7m3r

Have you thought about getting rid of the snake? Perhaps an eviction notice or something, or at least make him pay rent.    



8/02/2005 4:04 PM Blogger ashby

Well, I would, but I'm pretty sure he doesn't know how to read. It's sad, really.

Snakes these days...    



» Post a Comment