knox snooze

Succotash my Balzac, dipshiitake.

Item 44

Merlin Mann at 43 folders pointed me to the very interesting Language is a Virus website. Among the various werdnerdcentric items on the site is a list of 82 writing exercises by Bernadette Mayer. There are many tried-and-true ideas like focusing on a single word or rewriting bland copy from a textbook, but I think I like number 44 the best so far:
44. Write a soothing novel in twelve short paragraphs.
Of course. Why had I not thought of this yet?
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

7/07/2005 9:52 AM Blogger pa7m3r

This is also a major theme in Neil Stephenson's cyber punk "White Noise." This has nothing at all to do with the movie by the same name. He says it is a way to control people, and an adaptive trait that helped humanity survive.    



» Post a Comment