knox snooze

Succotash my Balzac, dipshiitake.

Forehead smooshiness

I'm not a lake guy. I don't have a boat, have never harbored a secret desire to own a boat - I haven't even spent that much time on a boat. Some friends of mine rented a pontoon boat on Saturday, and asked me to go with them. During their invitation, I believe the vessel was referred to as a "Party Barge," and the promise of free beer was made. Not a boat or lake guy, but definitely a free beer guy.

So we went, and I had a blast. It was like finding an entirely different version of myself that exists only in boats on greenish lakes. I roamed the deck, shirtless and beerified. I grew jealous of people in ski boats, and made plans to save my money and find a good used houseboat I could fix up and live in on the weekends. I think I almost made plans to buy tickets to NASCAR.

It was a close call.

Today, I'm back to normal. My only memento is the region of loose, fluid-filled skin across my forehead, and the tender pain of sunburned nose and shoulders. I am so not a lake guy, but it was still fun.
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

» Post a Comment