knox snooze

Succotash my Balzac, dipshiitake.

Broadway Revealed


Broadway Revealed
Originally uploaded by ashby.

On my way to the Food Co-op last week, I found that Broadway was coned off and undergoing some serious yellow-construction-equipment style work. Saturday, I got to see that they were apparently regrading the street to pave it again. For the time being, the grading equipment has revealed the old brick pavers and trolley line rails in the middle of the street. I have no idea how long ago it was that these were first paved over, but it seems a shame that they ever were - even worse that we've peeled the road back enough to see them, and we're just going to smother them in steaming blackness again.

I had to stand in the middle of the street to get these shots, and I'm sure I looked like I had a death wish, crouching in the turn lane while cars went sailing past. Out in the middle, down close to the street, though, I could imagine what it looked like before all the blacktop was poured. I wanted to take the trolley into the city and have some lunch on Market Square.

« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

» Post a Comment