knox snooze

Succotash my Balzac, dipshiitake.

Instant CD case


Instant CD case
Originally uploaded by ashby.

You want crafts? I got crafts shooting out of my nostrils when I laugh; that's how damn crafty I am. Ok, maybe not a craft...more of an office supply hack, but still sweet.

I am in a German class (Sprecking the crap out of some Deutsch, too) where we have oral assignments - pronounciation tests - that must be recorded as .mp3 files and burned to CDs. That's right, one mp3 per CD. Half a megabyte, and that's recorded at 192k. Ridiculous waste, I know, but apparently the Germans are not a thrifty people; this is departmental policy.

So the CD wasn't a problem. They're everywhere. I think there is at least one half-full spindle in each room of my house. Cases, on the other hand, are a bit more elusive. How I wish I'd been keeping the cases to all those Earthlink, PeoplePC, NetZero, AOL, Wal-Mart ISP, et al CDs that I've gotten in the mail over the last few years. But I didn't, so it doesn't matter.

So what I did was swipe a free oversized postcard at school, marked how deep it needed to be in order to cover one half of the disc and folded it along that line. After all, I only want to protect the data side of the disc. Then I stapled the edges, and basked in the glow of my totally sweet CD case.

Don't hate me because I have so much unused brain.

« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

» Post a Comment