knox snooze

Succotash my Balzac, dipshiitake.

South Knoxville Foundation


South Knoxville Foundation announcement
Originally uploaded by ashby.

I snuck over to the south side of the river for a press conference/announcement thingy for the new South Knoxville Foundation. It was nice. Joe Hultquist, Bill Haslam, Monte Stanley, Rob Dansereau(I got spelling skeewz), and some other people spoke. I left after the fourth or fifth one got up and said, "This is a great day of opportunity for South Knoxville." Luckily, there were some free brownies, so it made skipping my lunch break worthwhile.

The gist of the day was that the South Knoxville Foundation will exist to facilitate communication and cooperation between South Knoxville residents and the city, especially regarding Haslam's south side of the river development dreams. It was basically a lot of rah-rah stuff. Haslam did say that $400,000 had already been committed for logistical and environmental studies for the like-it-or-not development plans. I think I saw Paul James' ears perk up a little at that.

I overheard a couple of people speculating about what big restaurant would be going in on the 37920 side of the river. I haven't heard anything about one in any official announcements, but it was beyond a forgone conclusion for those discussing it. One person suggested Cracker Barrel, but with a sign for it on the James White exit out on I-40. I am praying that was a joke.

« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

» Post a Comment