knox snooze

Succotash my Balzac, dipshiitake.

Snarky

A fellow blogger and TAL fan has written a firefox extension for converting the streaming versions of the show, which are archived online and are free as in beer, into downloadable files.
I love TAL, I love firefox, and I love free stuff, but I'm not sure how to feel about this one. I mean, it's a freaking public radio show, and they've got to be getting a good chunk of change from Audible.com for the download rights.
It can't bother me too much, though. I cobbled together a download "hack" for TAL episodes a couple of years ago. It was very complex. I had a little app called Total Recorder, which could record any stream as an mp3 file, so I'd stream and record. It was like the old days of making mix tapes by recording straight off the radio.
But of course, I was actually listening to the 200+ hours of streaming episodes as I recorded them. Clearly, I have a very exciting job.
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

» Post a Comment