knox snooze

Succotash my Balzac, dipshiitake.

eMac to go

I've been trying to save money, so I ditched my broadband connection at home. It was about $50 a month, spotty, and was completely under-used. My wife and I both have desk jobs where we have broadband connections all day, and we both go to school where our laptops pick up wireless coverage everywhere, and there are plenty of computer labs for our use.
For absolute emergencies (loosely defined) I can grab a mediocre web connection on my notebook via my cellphone.
In the near future (<12 months), however, I plan to get a Mac - an eMac, to be specific. I've used Macs on a couple of projects, and I think they're amazing. I want one for everything audio, video or picture that I touch.
And though the eMac is a tidy little desktop package, it's not exactly the sort of thing I could toss into a backpack and use at the library when I need an internet connection - which I inevitably will.
So, what do I do? Keep in mind that I'm broke, and will be even more so after the purchase of the eMac (I'm already saving up...in a jar). I don't think there are any wireless networks near my house, and I really don't want to be cruising someone else's connection, for that matter. Should I just wait for an EV-DO USB dongle that I can add to my Sprint plan in the next year? What about Homing Pigeons?

Please enlighten me, oh great internets.
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

5/22/2005 11:55 AM Blogger infozo

although rfc 1149 does have its advantages, I'd be afraid Fred would only get fatter as a result.    



5/23/2005 8:51 AM Blogger ashby

Avian carriers can provide high delay, low throughput, and low altitude service.

Like AOL, only less expensive.    



» Post a Comment