knox snooze

Succotash my Balzac, dipshiitake.

Bike-to-work

I totally forgot that today was national bike-to-work day, the conclusion of bike-to-work week. It's another thing I've been gearing up (pun...um, not intended) to do in an effort to save money. I don't live too far from work (about a 15 minute drive in the city), but I am a sweaty dude who lives in the thick-aired moist heat sink that is the Tennessee River Valley. There is no place for me to shower at work, so that's a problem. Sure, I can pay dues to the University to use an on-campus facility, but unless I am able to bike to work every day, that cost alone eliminates much of the savings I get from burning fat instead of oil (thank you, Bike Zoo).

I'm all for the health benefits, and I'm all about being green as a sprout by not burning gas, but let's face it: it's the money savings that are going to get me two-wheeling, and doubling or tripling my commute time.

I don't want to swim in the pools or lift weights or play on the tennis courts - at least not usually. All I want is a place to shower when I get to campus. Maybe I should just start showing up, sweaty as hell, and letting them come the conclusion on their own that we need shower facilities.

God, I'm going to reek.
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

5/22/2005 10:13 PM Blogger infozo

do what I did riding to campus from the hood:

ride nekkid.    



5/23/2005 4:29 PM Blogger ashby

Mmm...now that's an image that will help me lose some weight.    



» Post a Comment