knox snooze

Succotash my Balzac, dipshiitake.

Merlin's Email Magic

Noted mindhacker, O'Reilly contributor, and Mac fanboy Merlin D. Mann (what a great name) has a bit in Macworld about getting your email inbox organized, streamlined, and altogether sexified. The memorable tidbit:
Whenever you’re in doubt about where to file something, ask yourself whether you can just respond or act immediately. Like a short-order cook, you want to stay focused on making sandwiches, not on putting the orders into pretty piles.
I actually answer and redirect copious amounts of email as part of my job, so I may have a harder time than most with seeing email as a toll, rather than an end itself, as Mann warns. I've never managed to get my personal inbox under a dozen or so folders, though some of those folders tend to have short lifespans, and I am pretty good about trashing them when they are done. I do, however, manage to sort through everything pretty quickly, and answer or act upon emails quickly.
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

» Post a Comment