knox snooze

Succotash my Balzac, dipshiitake.

Peer-to-peer, old school



Why are these women so freaking happy? peerflix.

Have you heard of peerflix? It's been around awhile, but I like to stay behind the times, so I'm just discovering it. And since this is my blog, it's new, dammit.

This plan/program/site/club may be the poster child for consumer persistence and ingenuity. It's just file-swapping...um...redux. I wonder if the MPAA, Blockbu$ter and Netflix will hold hands and file a suit against the postal service for their complicity in this scheme. It is, after all, the file delivery method that is to blame. Right?

For some reason, I'm reminded of the scene in Zoolander when Ben Stiller and Owen Wilson are confounded by the fact that the files are in the computer.

"They're in the computer?"

Wait...so the files are on the DVD? Wild.

So, yeah, peerflix is kind of a ripoff for now (for me, at least), but an actual, factual, cheap network can't be far away.
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

» Post a Comment