knox snooze

Succotash my Balzac, dipshiitake.

Redefining "Limited"

I bought a new pair of earbuds at Best Buy last night. I pondered really nice, foldable, noise-canceling, studio-style headphones, but in the end I just need a pair that will fit in a backpack, and that I won't feel bad about accidentally crushing underfoot in a drunken stupor. Not that I ever would.

So I got a nice, cheap pair of Koss earbuds. $5.49 cheap, in fact. Also, they have a "Lifetime Limited Warranty," which sounded like the solution to both of my problems - cheap and guilt-free upon destruction. I actually read the fine print of the warranty (which you can only get to if you buy the buds and open the package) after I got them into my truck.

"...repair or replace the defective product if you send it in a secure package, along with a check for $6.00 to our offices at..."

Doh.
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

2/19/2005 9:44 PM Anonymous Anonymous

That is classic. It reminds me of the credit card offers that come every single day - "3% APR for life*." The little asterik tells us that despite the phrase "for life", the slime sucking creditor can change the rate "at any time for any reason". I'm glad I didn't marry a creditor...

Christian    



» Post a Comment