knox snooze

Succotash my Balzac, dipshiitake.

The queen and her throne


The queen and her throne
Originally uploaded by ashby.

See you later, dog house. It was nice.

Behold, my wife and her pleasure with her new toilet that, upon flushing, "gulps down" everything you put in it in impressive fashion. Seriously, this thing is almost scary. It almost makes me want to get a goldfish.

Please note the not-quite-complete drywall work behind the new happy seat. I was so anxious to get the stupid crapper in, I forgot that I need to sand and prime the wall behind it still. I'm sort of getting to like the greenboard and joint compound look, though. It's like proof that I actually did this all myself.

It's a good thing I don't work on my own car. I'd change the oil and rip the hood off, just to prove to everyone that I had been there.

« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

3/02/2005 12:17 PM Anonymous Anonymous

Nice work there, Bob Vila. I also did a bathroom rennovation about a year ago. I had professional help though, so it doesn't really have the same manly effect that your undertaking does. My father-in-law (who is a carpenter) and brother-in-law helped out. We basically built a new bathroom. My manly claim is that I did most of the wiring - woohoo! The house hasn't burned down yet...

cw    



3/02/2005 10:24 PM Blogger pa7m3r

I actually enjoy remodelling and if I had enough money to buy a house, redo the whole thing, and resell it that might be something I would enjoy doing for a living. Of course that would mean I would have to stop merely pressing a button for my living now.
I mean seriously, when you think about it I have a single button I press, and somehow that's worth thousands of dollars a year.    



3/03/2005 12:54 AM Blogger ashby

Yes, Palmer. Sometimes when I think about it, your job angers me. Principly because you have it and I do not. You apparently push the button in a much more impressive manner.    



» Post a Comment