knox snooze

Succotash my Balzac, dipshiitake.

Not so much a diet as a method of suicide

See, I just want to lose some pounds. Who doesn't? You know you do, unless you're that kid from my high school basketball team who had to take fatty acid pills because he never had fat and was so damn lean you could watch his heart beat through a sweaty t-shirt. In that case, you need to shut up and go eat a ho-ho anyway. Get off the internet.

But back to me. I want to lose some weight. Has anyone seen The Machinist? I'm not freakish, unstable and obsessed to an unhealthy level with losing weight, but you have to admit that it is utterly fascinatiing that Christian Bale could lose 63 freaking pounds off of an already fit body for a movie role. It's insane, but it's just so...actually, I think insane covers it.

So Christian Bale eats a can of tuna and an apple every day to lose weight for this role. I thought I would give it a try. I had a scoop of tuna salad (no plain tuna available in the cafeteria at work) and an apple for lunch. It was actually quite good. I lasted until about 5:30 when I got home and plowed through a can of Spaghetti O's. This, incidentally, is the best way to eat canned pasta: starve yourself and the eat it straight out the can at room temperature. Wipe face.

I don't know how he could do it. I think I'll try it again tomorrow.

Don't be worried. I'm too in love with food for this to be a pattern.
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

6/17/2005 1:42 PM Anonymous heath

there are healthier ways to loose weight.    



» Post a Comment