knox snooze

Succotash my Balzac, dipshiitake.

Mater Haid


Mater Haid
Originally uploaded by ashby.

My wife and I were actually able to go out for a meal together last night. It was amazing. We had great food (mmm..Tomato Head), great beer, and great conversation. At least two times when she was talking to me (not that I wasn't giving my undivided attention to everything she said), I couldn't think about anything other than how much I really like this chick. This must be why we're married.

Our waitress was one we have seen lots of times before at the restaurant. She is one of the ubiquitous semi-hippies who roam around there all the time, looking busy. I swear, they must have 25 people on the clock at all times - and it is a rather small restaurant. This was the first time she served us, and I noticed halfway through placing our order that she has an accent. It was only vaguely British, though. Whenever she said "hi" or "thanks," I couldn't notice it at all. She read our order back to us, though, and pronounced tomato like "toe-mah-toe," but it was the only word that really stuck out. It was like she was only sort of British, except for the word tomato. Let's be honest, though. If you're only going to have a British accent for one word, tomato is a good one.

We never could figure out if it was real or not. We decided, however, that if it was fake, it was ok. Being a waitress is a crappy job, and she should be allowed to entertain herself with a little anglophilia if she wants.

« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

» Post a Comment