knox snooze

Succotash my Balzac, dipshiitake.

Lectric


Lectric
Originally uploaded by ashby.

My new power adaptor for my notebook arrived today. I noticed Tuesday night that my computer was flipping out, going back and forth between battery and AC modes. Naturally, I assumed this was the result of the battle between the demons of Windows and the Seraphim of the open source programs I use. Turns out, it was actually because the power cord was yawning open. I don't think this is good or normal.

So I ordered the new one - $100. I didn't have much choice, though. I couldn't go for more than a day, maybe two, without AC power, and I have to use the machine every day. And I didn't want to get some aftermarket universal thing that would be as likely to saute my Vaio as not.

So now I've got this *extra* AC adaptor, and the only thing wrong with it is this tiny section of cord that has come loose. Does anyone know how to fix this? Am I going to blow up if I try to crack the adaptor open and re-attach the cord?

« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

» Post a Comment