knox snooze

Succotash my Balzac, dipshiitake.

I've got food, but no service

Look, if you're working in a corporate cafeteria, I understand that you have no control over the menu or the prices or the hours or whether credit cards are taken. In fact, you don't even get to choose your own clothes. I'm not picking on you. But when I express a touch of dismay at finding out that a 12 oz cup of cut fruit and a small cup of yogurt will cost me $5, try not to tell me that I should go to the grocery store.

For one thing, I have no idea if you mean that if I think these prices are bad, I should go to a grocery store to get an idea of what "real" prices are like, or if you are trying to tell me to take my business elsewhere.

If it's the former, then shut up. There is no way that a cup of yogurt costs me much more than $.70, let alone the $1.59 I threw down for this one. Also, eight grapes, a few hunks each of honeydew and cantaloupe, and a single rancid strawberry do not constitute $3 of fruit. If it was organic, maybe, but since the most distinguishable flavor on these is DDT, I think we can rule that out.

If it's the latter, then shut up. I didn't put you in that hairnet.

God, I'm so petty.
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

» Post a Comment