knox snooze

Succotash my Balzac, dipshiitake.

Big Rig

My wife and I just bought a house. We haven't moved into it, but we're over there pretty often working on the house (painting, knocking down walls at random, etc). Before we bought it, it was empty for about two years. I think this led the neighbors to believe that it somehow reverted to just open property. Kids walk through the yard, dogs sleep on my porch, and others park in my driveway. Until now, the most jaw dropping demonstration of their disregard for our property lines was when I opened the front door one afternoon to find the neighbor shooting fireworks in my driveway.

That was until this weekend. Yesterday we pulled up to the house to find that a de-trailered big rig had decided to park in the drive. When the owner of this truck approached my vehicle, I asked if I could help him. His reply was "There's not enough room to get it into my driveway. You don't mind if I leave it here, do you?"

It should be noted that there was no room for my vehicle in my own drive with him there.

When I finally fumbled though my response enough to make it clear to him that I really wasn't okay with him there, he pulled out. Through my yard. Burning ruts into my lawn with his spinning tires.

What in the hell is wrong with people in my new neighborhood?
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

» Post a Comment