knox snooze

Succotash my Balzac, dipshiitake.

Still waiting

On my drive to work this morning I saw one of those electronic road signs that construction crews put on the shoulder to flash messages at drivers. They're sort of mobile digital billboards. The one I saw this morning had a two-page message:
Right Lane Closed
Expect Delayse
I was so distracted by this new word, "delayse" that I nearly hit the car in front of me when it slowed down.

I began to wonder, though: what if it isn't a spelling error at all? What if there really is some guy whose last name is Delayse? Maybe he is some kind of character of urban legend (like the skunk-ape) who preys upon hapless motorists stuck in traffic jams.

Probably not, but what else did I have to think about on my way to work?
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

» Post a Comment