knox snooze

Succotash my Balzac, dipshiitake.

Garden State

Yes, Misty, it was good. Gooder, actually, than any other movie that I have seen this year (that I can think of right now, at least). It was touching, funny, depressing and totally refreshing. I want to think that Braff is going to be a great film-maker, but I'm a little worried that the only character that he can really write is the hesitant, pathetic guy who just wants to be loved. Not that he can't do anything else, he just hasn't yet.

The soundtrack was great too. I saw the movie on Friday and bought the soundtrack on Sunday. Very, very good. It includes Simon & Garfunkel's The Only Living Boy In New York, which I have been waiting to hear on a soundtrack for awhile. It's possibly their most underappreciated song ever.

In summary, it was the most gooderest movie this year.
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

» Post a Comment