knox snooze

Succotash my Balzac, dipshiitake.

TV Tuesday

*beep* *beep* *beep*  We interrupt your normal TV viewing for this special report!!!    You guessed it, this week's topic, Special Report interruptions!  *grin*  
1.  On a whole do you feel most Special Reports are really that special?  Or are they simply annoying?  
Generally speaking, they are pretty important.  The ones that bother me are when it's just a "special" news conference called by the president to remind us that the terrorists are still the bad guys, and that we don't like it when they terrorize...stuff.
2.  What special report has effected you most?  (IE:  (9/11, Reagan being shot...etc)  
The death of Princess Di was right in the middle of a really good episode of SNL, and that kind of ticked me off.  I know that's totally heartless, but I was really into it.  I remember thinking, "They would never pull this 'special report' crap on Comedy Central."
3.  Do you stay tuned in for Special Reports or do you reach for the remote?
I usually watch them.  I'm just like every other TV-fed American...I can't wait for the next big crisis.
~Bonus~  Not exactly a special report but more on special coverage.  What are your thoughts on some of the "Special Coverage" spots that have hit TV lately?  One that comes to mind for me is the 24 hour a day coverage of Ronald Reagan's body laying in state at the White House.  Something we needed to see or just plain morbid?
They usually aren't too bad.  I mean, they aren't any worse than most daytime TV, so it's not like they are really interrupting much.  If you want morbid, you need to listen to the radio whenever there is a severe thunderstorm warning.  I love it when the automated voice informs me that "the storm is capable of producing winds up to 60 miles per hour, which could push over small trees and break branches about the size of your wrist."  Who came up with that image?  I never fail to immediately visualize people walking out of the mall or something, and grabbing onto their hats, only to have their hands snap off and go sailing away in the high winds.

Play TV Tuesday
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

» Post a Comment