knox snooze

Succotash my Balzac, dipshiitake.

Theater Thursday

This week, it's all about your favorites.

1. If you could watch only one movie for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Damn, do I have to watch it continuously, or can I wait until I'm in the mood for it? I'd probably have to go with Henry V, the Kenneth Branagh version. I mean, it would probably take me the rest of my life just to figure out all the things they are actually saying in between the spitting and the dressed-up accents.

2. What is your absolute favorite movie soundtrack?
Magnolia was pretty good. I like Aimee Mann a lot, and no one uses non-diagetic songs (not just the score) quite as well as P.T. Anderson.

3. What's your favorite movie-time snack?
Buddy's Bar-B-Q and Chocolate-covered pretzels. And beer. Yeah...I'm not very popular at most of the theaters around Knoxville.

4. Favorite Actor:
Probably Branagh, Paul Newman, or Brad Pitt (I sound so gay)

5. Favorite Actress:
Dame Judi Dench or Nathan Lane.

6. And last but not least, what is your favorite kind of movie: comedy, drama, action...etc.,???
I'm a big fan of the drama that develops very naturally and slowly (The Terminal was good. Last Orders is another). I hate plots based upon maintaining a hoax, and I despise about 90% of what is generally called "Romantic Comedy." I wish Tom and Meg would get over each other already.
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

» Post a Comment