knox snooze

Succotash my Balzac, dipshiitake.

Summer reading

The Missuz and I have not exactly had the laid back, reading and writing filled summer of leisure we were hoping for when the spring semester ended.  We are buying a house, and have been to a couple of weddings, and when we actually have an evening or two to do whatever we want, we have gotten pretty good at wasting it in front of the TV instead.

In spite of not finishing (or even starting) all of the reading I wanted to, I have managed to finish a couple of good ones in the last week or so; Everything Is Illuminated, by Jonathan Safran Foer, and War In Heaven, by Charles Williams.  Both are novels, but they're radically different.  I am too damn lazy to write a full review for both of them here, but I thought they were both very good.  Foer is genre-breaking and hilariously creative.  Williams is (was) a brilliant story crafter who creates an almost tangible mid-20th Century England.

Read more, kiddies.
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

» Post a Comment