knox snooze

Succotash my Balzac, dipshiitake.

Theater Thursday

Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King has officially hit the stores this week (I bought the first copy at my local Borders yesterday). Trilogies have been popular in the movies for years. This week we look at questions based on some famous cinematic triumvarites:

1) The Back to the Future Trilogy sent Marty McFly 30 years into the future, 30 years into the past (twice!) and 100 years into the past. Which of these time periods would you like to visit in your 1.21 gigawatt-powered DeLorean, and why?
Well, 1885 was pretty sweet for Marty, so I think I'd have to go there. Even though it was the worst of the three, he did get to pull off that whole Clint Eastwood thing.

2) The Lord of the Rings Trilogy was, of course, based on a famous trio of novels by JRR Tolkien. What sci-fi/fantasy/genre novels or series would you like to see turned into a Peter-Jackson-directed/George-Lucas-written/Steven-Speilberg-produced trilogy?
The C.S. Lewis space trilogy (Out of the Silent Planet, Perelandra, and That Hideous Strength). Definitely not as intricate or cult-famous, but still very creative and wildly imaginitive.

3) Next summer, there will be two complete Star Wars trilogies in the history books. What's your strangest or most interesting Star Wars experience?
None really strange or interesting, I don't think. I had a friend in high school who knew the name of every character, planet, organization, weapon, species, and evrything else associated with the movies. Seriously, you could quiz this kid for days and not stump him.

Bonus) While the Jurassic Park and Indiana Jones movies are currently only trilogies, plans are in the works for a fourth movie in both series. What trilogy might've been better served with a fourth movie? Which trilogy would've been better if they had left it at only one movie?
Well, I think they should have made the fourth (actually first) movie of the LOTR saga. The Hobbit was my first introduction to the series, and I had probably read it twice before I ever picked up LOTR.
Back to the Future was great enough on its own. II wasn't bad, but III was probably a mistake. Not that I don't watch it all the way through every time it comes on TV, though...
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

» Post a Comment