knox snooze

Succotash my Balzac, dipshiitake.

Shock Jocks

Ira Glass, of This American Life fame, contributed an interesting column to the New York Times last week about the ever-increasing threat of FCC fines for on-air language usage. I listen to Glass just about every week, and it's a bit surprising to hear him drawing such a short line from himself to Howard Stern, but I think I like the point he's trying to make.
Sadly, lots of smart people shrug off the recent government crackdown on Howard Stern – and on other "indecency" – as if it were nastiness going on in some bad neighborhood of the broadcast dial, one that doesn't concern them, one that they'd never stoop to visit. But the recent changes in F.C.C. rulings make me Stern's brother like I've never been before.

« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

» Post a Comment