knox snooze

Succotash my Balzac, dipshiitake.

Gas money

I went to Atlanta this weekend from Knoxville to see a friend. The trip was great, but paying for the gas was not. It is easily 10 cents more per gallon in the ATL area than Knoxville. I don't exactly have a fuel-efficient vehicle, but I was wondering exactly how much the recent price increases have been costing me. I get about 20 mpg, and I drive around 250 miles per week, so I go through about 50 gallons per month. Gas is up about 50 cents around Knoxville from this time last year. If that average increase hold for the rest of the year, I'll probably spend about $300 more in gas than last year.

Damn. Does anyone have any profound insights for increasing fuel-efficiency in a V6 pickup? I wonder how a camper-top affects it. More aerodynamic, but heavier. Ideas? Anyone?
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

» Post a Comment