knox snooze

Succotash my Balzac, dipshiitake.

The air up here

I honestly can't tell you that I can sense the poor air quality around Knoxville these days. I know people who say they can, and I'm sure they can, but about the only air-quality evaluations I can make without that aid of my local meteorologist are "pretty f^#&(%! muggy" and "hotter'n a $2 Rolex."

That doesn't change the reality of (or piping-hot discussion regarding) our diminishing (or is it improving) air-quality. Joe Sullivan has chimed in with an op-ed in the new Metro Pulse, but Bill Baxter says everything is fine. I tend to side with the optimistic perspective on this one, but that doesn't change the fact that cleaner air is better and possible.

I've been stumblin' around Ye Olde Interwebbe today, trying to educate myself as much as possible on the most important issues about air-quality, alternative fuels, and improvement initiatives in the area. I have to tell you, I'm a little overwhelmed. Seems everybody and his brother has got identified a different problem or solution, and they all think theirs is the answer to all that ails us.

So I'm left not knowing which way to turn. Frustrating as hell. I called a very good friend who works for a local city government, and who has been bombarded with about ten times what I subjected myself to. He sounded utterly exhausted from just talking to me about the frustrations he has in sifting out the legit from the looney.

Course, he also asked if he could borrow my truck. So I'm going to let him, but only under one condition: he has to fill it up before he gives it back.

Now that's what I call alternative fuel source.
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

» Post a Comment